Our attorneys have vast experience in prosecuting individual client claims and counseling and defending employers against claims and lawsuits under the array of federal, state, and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination, including claims of sexual harassment and discrimination on the basis of race, national origin, gender, religion, disability, HIV status, and age under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Americans With Disabilities Act, and the District of Columbia Human Rights Act.
- Eight Million Dollar ($8,000,000.00) settlement in an employment case.
- One Million Fifty Thousand Dollar ($1,050,000.00) verdict/settlement in an employment case.
- Settlement in a federal civil rights suit under 42 U.S.C. § 1983 for a client who was falsely arrested in Washington, D.C.
- Jury award in a reverse discrimination case under Title VII in the United States District Court for the District of Maryland.
- Settlement in a federal civil rights suit under 42 U.S.C. § 1983 for a Catholic University student whose skull was fractured by a member of the Metropolitan Police Department.
- Confidential settlement for a corporate executive who was denied a promotion based on race.
- Confidential settlement for executive of a leading industry association who was falsely charged with sexual harassment.
- Client is reinstated and awarded back pay and benefits following winning verdict in wrongful termination trial.
- Maryland medical institution forced to issue a written admission that it failed to follow administrative guidelines, and physician client is awarded additional remedies following extensive appeals.
- Louisiana Civil District Court denies lead paint defendants’ efforts to compel production of documents protected by Louisiana medical peer review statutes, from third-party client, after motions practice and a contested hearing in New Orleans, Louisiana, in
In re BHP Patriots Ltd., Partnership’s Request For Discovery, Civil Action No. 09-4257, E-7 (Civil District Court, Parish of Orleans, Louisiana).
- Client is awarded $120,516.00 following winning verdict is disability discrimination trial.
- Settlement in sex discrimination case against a governmental agency for a significant monetary sum.
- Confidential settlement for client who alleged sexual harassment against a large, private corporation.