Mallon & McCool LLC represents individuals and entities at all stages of white-collar criminal litigation in federal, state, and local courts. One of the firm’s partners, Steven McCool, began his legal career as a Federal prosecutor with the United States Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia.
Our services range from advising targets of grand jury investigations and witnesses who must appear before them, to guiding clients through the indictment, pretrial, and negotiation phases, to representing our clients at trial and on appeal. We represent targets and subjects of inspector general and other internal investigations aimed at uncovering or resolving allegations of officer, director, trustee, or employee misconduct, and we conduct internal investigations for entities seeking to remain untargeted.
- Former military ammunition manufacturing executive at an 18-week long trial, who was charged in the first large-scale, FCPA-related FBI sting case in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia.
- Government contracting firm executives charged with defrauding the U.S. Small Business Administration.
- Real Estate executive investigated by SEC for insider trading.
- Officer of Freddie Mac concerning allegations of accounting irregularities.
- Vice-President of MCI in connection with the World-Com accounting fraud investigation by the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York.
- President/COO of PurchasePro.com in parallel proceedings before the Securities and Exchange Commission and the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of Virginia.
- High-level official of the Corporation for Public Broadcasting concerning an Inspector General investigation.
- Managing Director of a telecommunications company in securing probationary sentence after being charged in the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey with violating the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
- Former U.S. Foodservice, Inc. Vice-President, in connection with accounting fraud investigation by the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York.
- Lobbyists and congressional staffers in the Abramoff investigation.
- Employees of an arms dealer under investigation by the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Maryland for potential violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
- Public Information Officer in a Department of Justice, Environmental Crimes Section Clean Water Act investigation of the Washington Area Sewer Authority.
- Attorney charged in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia with immigration fraud and conspiracy in receiving a non-fraud plea that resulted in a 30-day jail sentence and no disbarment.
- Employees of a security contracting firm in Afghanistan in a Department of Justice, Antitrust Division investigation.
- Executive of a multi-national company under investigation for price-fixing by the Antitrust Division of the United States Department of Justice.
- Acquittal by jury in the United States District Court for the District of Columbia for a Vice-President of a transportation consulting firm charged with bribery-related offenses by the Antitrust Division of the Department of Justice.
- Canadian company under investigation by the United States Postal Services for allegedly using promotional activities and representations for obtaining money or property through the mails in violation of federal law.